The Development Specialist provides primary support for the Development Department, assists staff members in arranging visits with donors and prospects, prepares follow-up correspondence and major gift proposals, maintains contact records, sends donor receipts and coordinates relations with local corporate prospects and donors.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides office management and primary administrative support for the Development Department.
- Assists staff in developing prospective visits by reviewing the locations of major prospects, noting previous contact and giving records and securing appointments with the prospects selected.
- Cultivates, solicits and recognizes local corporate donors.
- Assists in event planning in conjunction with development and alumni staff.
- Generates lists, records contact reports and makes changes and updates.
- Reports to the Executive Director of Development.
- May supervise student employees and interns.
- High scool diploma plus knowledge and capabilities normall acquired through a business college degree or a high school emphasis in business.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.