Director of Public Safety
Directs and coordinates overall operation of the security department responsible for protecting the property, residents, and visitors of the college and provide a safe, learning environment. Enforce college policies and procedures pertaining to public safety. Coordinates campus security activities with outside enforcement agencies.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, recommends, and administers security, parking, traffic flow policies and procedures to insure the safety of residents, visitors, and property of the college.
- Prepares work schedules for staffing a twenty-four-hour/seven day per week operations.
- Conducts follow-up investigations of all incidents/daily reports and recommends corrective action to resolve and prevent recurrence.
- Collects and reports crime statistics/records.
- Liaison to all law enforcement agencies, Fire, EMS, and 911 emergency dispatch center.
- Recruits and selects security personnel.
- Oversees college communications system.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Receives general direction and guidance. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Selects, develops, and supervises security personnel.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in law enforcement curriculum or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Five years of managerial experience in a supervisory management position in a law enforcement department.
- A valid driver's license and completion of a background investigation report.