Director of Residental Life
Insures the provision of on-campus housing and residential living support services, e.g., telephones, secure environment, and residential counseling.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, select, train, and supervise residential directors and assistants. Provide guidance and professional development to staff in support of their work with student residents.
- Plan and implement a room application and assignment process for students, taking into account requests for roommates, locations, and lifestyle preferences.
- Present information to students and parents on housing options and assignment process.
- Oversee student meal plan and student phone service selection.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works within established guidelines and under general direction. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through at least a Bachelor's Degree. Master's Degree preferred.
- At least three years experience as college residence hall director or residential life sufficient to demonstrate competency in: selecting and supervising staff, student advising on residential life matters, budget management, PC office systems, planning and managing residential life services.