Director of Student Activities
Plans, coordinates, and implements programs that support the educational development of students.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises the student programming board and student government in their efforts to develop a comprehensive set of student activities. Executes performance contracts and manages budget for approved student organizations.
- Coordinates student activities logistics with other college officers such as facilities, food services, security, and audio/visual services.
- Provide guidance and support to student organizations in areas such as leadership development, event planning, and financial management.
- Supervises and staffs the college information desk. Oversees Ellis Hall including lounge and game rooms, vendors, student offices, and building programming.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works under general guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse groups and individuals. Supervises full-time assistant and part-time student staff.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's Degree in student personnel or a related degree area preferred.
- Student services experiences sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with the following: event planning and management, student organization advising, student development and leadership counseling, budget management and staff supervision, and PC applications at the intermediate level.