Director of Administrative Information Services
Coordinates and insures the provision of computing support for all the administrative and business functions of the college.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors, evaluates and recommends modifications and upgrades of administrative computing systems for business, financial aid, and human resources.
- Coordinates design, planning, and overall implementation of projects to upgrade/replace the college’s administrative information systems. Coordinate project schedule with vendor for software resources. Provide necessary user training.
- Writes programs and creates data screens to support administrative information needs. Assist in transferring centrally stored data to user PCs.
- Troubleshoots problems with administrative data and systems. Makes appropriate corrections to or provides work arounds.
- Insures file back up and security capabilities. Establishes standards for documentation, system design, and utilization.
- Oversees the operation of the college print shop.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently following broad guidelines and general direction. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Supervises a small professional support staff.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or related discipline.
- At least five years administrative experience in information technology
related to administrative and business applications sufficient to demonstrate
competency and capability with: evaluating, administrative computing
requirements and capabilities of systems to meet requirements, planning and
management of large systems implementation, knowledge of higher education computing environment, customer service skills, managing budgets and support
staff and building and managing shared data bases.