Director of Enrollment Relations
The Director of Enrollment Relations manages the off-campus activities of the Enrollment Department coordinating the traveling staff, leading international student recruitment and developing programs for transfers.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, supervise, train, and lead an active student admissions team. Work with counselors to plan their territory activities, set territory goals, and follow up on an ongoing basis to make sure counselors have what they need to be successful. Review all admission decisions.
- Supported by the Center for International Education, lead the international student recruitment efforts for the college including marketing the college to international constituents, communication with prospective students, review of foreign educational credentials, and assisting international students with the transition to a U.S educational institution. Make all international admission decisions for degree seeking students and award all financial aid and scholarships to admitted students. Travel internationally to develop prospective student networks.
- Develop programs for transfers from community colleges and from other four year institutions. Create strong articulation agreements and joint enrollment programs. Liaise with the Registrar, student services and with academic departments to make the transfer process more effective and less onerous to the transferring student.
- Manage recruitment efforts in California. Develop relationships with prospective students and their families leading to applications and matriculation. Develop and maintain referral networks for prospective students in area.
- Lead niche marketing and special group cultivation programs including homeschoolers.
- Reports to the Dean of Enrollment and works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve college goals.
- Provides guidance, skills development and career support to multiple direct reports and promotes effective teamwork and communication.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable. Additional training and education in higher education administration is highly desirable.
- At least seven years of progressively reponsible experience in enrollment management is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of computer programs and database management.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- A team player with the proven ability to lead a staff, develop competencies in others, and to delegate responsibility.
- Possess a valid driver's license and passport.
- Willingness to travel extensively both domestically and internationally and to work non-traditional hours.