Director of Student Financial Planning
Directs all of the college's financial aid programs for student and families utilizing institutional, federal, and state aid resources in accordance with institutional policies, audit requirements, and federal regulatory requirements.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Administers awarding of federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid funds. Evaluates all aid application materials and determines applicants’ eligibility. Maintains records according to regulatory requirements.
Performs financial aid counseling and provide information for college faculty, staff and officers, prospective and enrolled students and their families, and the general public via phone, correspondence, personal sessions, and public presentations.
Contributes to the development of financial strategies designed to maximize tuition revenue. Prepares reports, conducts research, complies data and statistics for federal reporting and college decision makers.
Insures compliance with all college, federal, and state regulations and audit requirements.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Receives general direction and guidance. Applies judgment and discretion within Enrollment’s goals. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups.
Provides specific direction and supervision to professional and support staff, including establishing overall priorities.
Reports to Dean of Enrollment.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Five years of financial aid management experience sufficient to demonstrate knowledge and competency with the following: multi-phased project planning and management, financial aid counseling, individual and group presentations, fiscal management skills, knowledge of financial aid regulations and human resources management.
- A motivated self-starter and team player.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise with software packages associated with financial aid and enrollment management, including report generation and query building.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.