Executive Director of Marketing
The Executive Director of Marketing oversees college-wide publications and communications efforts to create a positive image of the college for internal and external audiences and to meet specific marketing objectives for constituent programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with senior administrators to develop communications strategies for various internal and external audiences, insuring an up-to-date visual identity with consistent themes, designs, and typography.
- Directs the creative development of all print and interactive marketing projects and story telling tools such as graphics, sound, video, and animation; implementing these tools effectively into college communication streams where appropriate.
- Works within the established college identity guidelines to enforce the visual identity of Juniata fostering positive communications and relationships with campus clients.
- Utilizes market research to ensure effective communication with strategic constituencies.
- Reports to the Vice President for Advancement and Marketing.
- Provides guidance, skills development and career support to multiple direct reports and promotes effective teamwork and communication.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable. Additional training and education in marketing or design is highly desirable.
- At least seven years of experience and knowledge of high end magazine design, photography management, print, web, and interactive media production is a must, as well as a general understanding of backend web development. A portfolio of creative work demonstrating a wide range of successful marketing initiatives and collaterals is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- A team player with the proven ability to lead a staff, to develop competencies in others and to delegate responsibility.
- Advanced skills with industry standard software for Apple OS including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.