Facilities Services Assistant
Provides varied and complex administrative and office support services for Facilities Services.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a range of administrative/office support services including: correspondence preparation; filing maintenance and retrieval; copying; customer service by phone, in person, and through the mail; opening mail; scheduling meetings; arranging travel; etc.
- Performs a variety of critical logistical support services including: planning and scheduling meetings, events, travel, etc.; arranging appointments; planning and overseeing mailings; preparing and circulating agendas/announcements/minutes, etc.
- Answers questions by phone, in person, or by mail. Provides information regarding Faculities Services and explains Facilities policies and procedures to diverse customers, both internal and external, providing expert counsel and advice.
- Collects and processes data and information collected from applications, forms, requests, ensuring completeness and accuracy. May maintain a supporting database and files.
- Prepares and proofreads documents including reports, contracts, and correspondence. Completes and prepares routine reports. May draft correspondence for signature of others.
- Conducts financial transactions such as purchasing goods and services, receive and deposit payments, monitor benefits and expenditures, submit and track payroll data, and institutue payment requests.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Reports directly to the Director of Facilities Services.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma. Additional academic training preferred.
- Three years experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: customer services, project planning and management, PC based office software, budget planning and tracking, staff supervision, advanced word processing skills, and effective handling of confidential information.