Help Desk Coordinator
Diagnose and resolve information systems and personal computer hardware and software problems for users.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolves common hardware and software problems of personal computer users.
- Refers problems requiring additional technical support to available resources. Follows up with customers to determine if problem was resolved.
- Schedules and supports installation of PC support in residence halls.
- Supports remote access activities, including resolution of set-up problems, authorizes access, maintains user files, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence, utilizing own judgment and discretion. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Directly supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma plus an additional education/certification in software packages such as Microsoft Certifications.
- Three years experience sufficient to demonstrate competency in: PC hardware and software installation, advanced knowledge of PC software packages including word processing, spread sheets, databases, email desktop publishing, web pages, and networking.