Human Resources Assistant
Provides varied and complex administrative and office support services for the Director of Human Resources.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a range of administrative/office support services including: correspondence preparation; creates and maintains accurate and confidential records; filing maintenance and retrieval; copying; customer services to internal and external customers of the department; opening mail; scheduling meetings; etc.
- Answers questions by phone, in person, or by mail. Provides program information and explains program policies and procedures to diverse customers, both internal and external providing expert counsel and advice.
- Performs a variety of support services including: planning and scheduling meetings, special events, etc.; arranging appointments; preparing and circulating agendas, minutes, etc.
- Coordinates all aspects of recruitment including: advertising, correspondence and completing EEO compliance reports. Collects and processes data and information from applications. Maintains supporting database and files.
- Prepares and proofreads documents including reports, letters of employment, and correspondence. Completes and prepares routine reports. Drafts correspondence for signature of others.
- Completes complex surveys such as IPEDS, HEDS, AAUP, and CUPA.
- Maintains Human Resources web site.
- Coordinates Human Resources special projects such as Staff Directory, updating Staff Manual, etc.
- Conducts financial transactions such as purchasing goods and services and institutes payment requests.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. May supervise student assistants.
- High School diploma. Additional academic training preferred.
- Three years experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: customer services, project planning and management, PC based office software, maintaining databases, student assistant supervision, advanced word processing skills, web experience, knowledge of Human Resources regulations and effective handling of confidential materials.