Library Cataloging Coordinator
Provides complex support services for cataloging services of the library.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Make additions, deletions, and modifications to various library databases/records/account, both computerized and manual. Verifies accuracy and completeness of data.
- Catalogs new books, retrospective conversion, and non-print materials, preparing bibliographic records for cataloging materials utilizing OCLC database.
- Withdrawing obsolete or damaged materials from the collection.
- Physical processing of book and non-print materials.
- Reviews damaged books for in-house mending, ship for repair if needed.
- Performs related issues as assigned.
Works independently within prescribed policies and procedures. Reports to the Director of Library. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through an Associate Degree in Library Sciences or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education. Some college academic experience highly desired.
- Two years experience in a library setting sufficient to demonstrate capabilities with: PC software including Word and Excel, automated library systems, and budget/expenditure tracking.