Office Assistant for Residential Life
Performs essential office-wide support functions for an office or a department.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clerical support to an office or department including services such as arranging appointments/travel, sorting and distributing mail, maintaining record and programming routine data entry, typing, filing, etc.
- Coordinates student meal plan selection process and maintains meal plan records for billing.
- Greets and directs visitors, answers phone inquires and provides routine information to callers and visitors.
- Maintains phone records, updates student directory and works closely with phone service personnel.
- Completes and/or collects forms,, applications, work orders, requisitions, reports, etc. May order supplies and check inventory balances.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within established policies and procedures. Must work cooperatively with diverse individuals and customers. Has no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma, business school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one-year office experience sufficient to demonstrate a basic knowledge of office systems including PC word processing, Access 2000 Marriott program, and customer service skills.