Facilities Services Office Assistant
Provides varied and complex administrative support for Facilities Services.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a range of administrative/office support services including preparing correspondences, creating and maintaining departmental files/records, processing invoices, sorting and distributing mail, scheduling meetings, arranging appointments, preparing/circulating/posting of notices and announcements.
- Responsible for assigned departmental reporting, including wastewater reports, pool reports, and central heating plant logs.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned departmental documents, forms, and spreadsheets including on-call schedule and approved drivers list.
- Performs a variety of support services for special events and meetings including: planning and scheduling locations; arranging appointments; preparing and circulating agendas, minutes, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. May supervise student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate computer and data entry skills with experience in Microsoft Office software.
- Organizational ability with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated positive communication and customer service skills. Ability to work independently in a changing environment.