Plans, develops, and implements student registration process and maintains student grades and records. Ensures academic standards are maintained.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and implement course registration and the scheduling of courses.
- Ensure the reliability and security of student academic records.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and rules pertaining to student records.
- Provide research, information, and assistance for college's administration. Responds to requests for data and information from faculty, students, and others who are authorized.
- Prepares budgets (Registrars, Summer School, Scholarly Endeavor Fund).
- Administers summer school.
- Oversee the editing and publication of catalogue for the college.
- Serve as a member of the Curriculum Committee and the Student Academic Development Committee with voice but no vote. Acts for Student Academic Development Committee in certain circumstances.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Receives general direction and guidance. Must work collaboratively and supportively with diverse individuals and groups. Provides direct supervision of support staff and oversight of assignments.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years experience in academic administration sufficient to demonstrate knowledge and competency in: academic records systems, employment and supervision of staff; project planning of multiple tasks, budget planning and management, and oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated PC software proficiency sufficient for utilizing and maintaining academic record systems.