Assistant Director of Human Resources and Risk Management
Assists in the oversight of various human resources programs and executes loss prevention/insurance strategies and assists in the risk identification process, including monitoring loss prevention on campus, handling insurance claims, and overseeing all related insurance programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and manages relationships with various risk management and insurance consultants and vendors, including the College’s brokers or agent. Coordinates the process of applying for and renewing insurance coverage consistent with the risk financing goals and objectives of the College. Responds to insurance related correspondence and maintains certificates of insurance.
- Manages all aspects of College’s worker’s compensation program including claims oversight and working with College safety committee. Maintains all reporting requirements according to regulations.
- Handles casualty, auto, worker’s compensation and property claims, investigating incidents and recommending preventive measures and policies. Makes loss projections and monitors claims reserves.
- Administers the Tuition Benefit program in coordination with the Director of Human Resources.
- Assists in the administration of the College’s retirement plans.
- Administers the Student Health Insurance program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works independently within established policies and guidelines. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. May supervise student assistants.
- College degree or relevant work experience in a related field.
- Requires proven managerial and administrative ability and is able to communicate effectively with various types of individuals and organizations.
- Two to three years experience with accounting and budgeting responsibilities.
- Proficient computer skills especially with Microsoft Office.