Science Supply Coordinator
Operates Science Stockroom and performs a variety of tasks related to laboratory operations including purchasing, conducting inventories, and moving, setting up, and storing equipment to facilitate teaching and research objectives. Works primarily with Chemistry Department and Dir. Science Facilities and Safety but supports other departments as well.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates Science Stockroom including purchasing and maintaining chemicals and supplies, issuing such materials to laboratory users, and recordkeeping.
- Assists faculty and Dir. Science Facilities and Safety with scientific equipment supply, setup, maintenance, and storage for student course laboratories and scientific research.
- Assists faculty and Dir. Science Facilities and Safety with environmental health and safety issues related to Science Stockroom, laboratories, and other science facilities, including managing waste chemicals and other materials.
- Assists faculty and Dir. Science Facilities and Safety with tasks related to the effective operation of science facilities including conducting inventories, managing databases, and shipping and receiving.
- Provides support in general laboratory housekeeping, maintenance, and safety.
- Coordinates laboratory needs with Facilities Services staff including moving, cleaning, etc.
- Performs related duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Works independently and under general directions. Must work collaboratively with faculty, students and staff. Supervisory responsibilities for student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree in science.
- Knowledge and skills in using basic PC software applications for maintaining department inventory and accounting.