Grants and Contracts Administrator
Collaborating with the Project Director (or principal investigator) to manage grants and contracts to ensure compliance with the intent, requirements and instructions of the external funder, federal/state and local laws and regulations, and internal Juniata policies and procedures.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Upon approval of the award, reviews the award contract documentation to outline the requirements and eligible project costs for the grant or contract and ensure by securing a signed memo of understanding that those involved are aware of these requirements and eligible expenses.
2. In conjunction with the Grants Accountant projects award expenditures and tracks actual expenditures to date to ensure that the grant is being well-managed. If not, meets with the project director or principal investigator to explore and resolve issues.
3. Ensures compliance with federal/state policies including responsible conduct in research, conflict of interest, human subjects, animal care and use, biohazards, cloning, embryonic stem cell research, data management, etc.
4. Develops and maintains guidelines that facilitate consistent interpretations and applications of Federal, State, and college laws, regulations, practices and policies.
5. Develops and maintains a reporting schedule and reminders to ensure that complete and accurate reports are submitted to the funding organization on a timely basis. May author these reports or assist others in the completion of them.
6. Will make necessary changes to existing grants and related projects in operation with the approval of the grantor.
7. Maintains model contracts and sub-agreements for use by colleagues in preparation and negotiation of sponsored agreements and sub-agreements.
8. May develop or help to develop and maintain technology applications that will enhance the recording, tracking and reporting of grants activity and explore the option of a web-based resource for pre and post award policies, procedures, forms and appropriate links.
9. All other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Accounting and Business Operations.
Works collaboratively with diverse individuals, especially the Director for Corporation and Foundation Support, the Grants Accountant, and organizations in support of established college priorities and goals
Must have a familiarity with the online proposal submission, financial management and reporting features of Fastlane, eRA Commons, Grants.gov and a willingness to learn other (new) online systems.