Senior Instructor - Intensive English Program
- Fulfill duties as outlined in the “Instructor – Intensive English Program” position description. Carry a teaching load of 18-21 credit hours/academic year.
- Takes leadership to coordinate instruction among the team of IEP instructors, mentor part-time instructors.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates testing and placement for new international students.
- Designs and implements course curriculum and teaching materials. Conducts on-going assessment of IEP curriculum to ensure program’s objectives are met.
- Measures and evaluates students’ learning and skill development. Provides feedback and counsel to international students in the IEP.
- Participates in out-of-class activities to promote acculturation and experience with social environment.
- Initiates and encourages collaboration among the team of IEP instructors and keeps abreast of new developments in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language.
- Participates as a member of the Center for International Education team to accomplish the overall mission of internationalization of Juniata’s campus and student life.
- Master’s degree in TEFL or Linguistics
- Minimum of 4 years ESL/EFL teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years teaching in the Juniata Intensive English Program
- Experience with using communicative language methodology, integration of skills, and content-based language instruction
- Proficiency in using technology in classroom instruction
- Experience in teaching across program levels and skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an instructional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interest in other cultures and ways of learning
- Experience living and working abroad preferred
- Second language ability preferred