Raystown Field Station Residence Director
Juniata College, a nationally ranked liberal arts college located in the scenic mountains of central Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position of Raystown Field Station (RFS)Residence Director. The successful candidate for this position will have dual responsibilities both as a Residence Director for the college remote field station with 14 resident students and with the Raystown Field Station as an academic program assistant to support undergraduate courses and labs taught as part of the station residential semester. Supervision is provided by the Director of the Field Station. This position is live-in; evening and weekend hours are expected. This position is full-time with an employment term from August to August.
The Specific Responsibilities of the RFS Program Assistant include;
1. Develop, implement and assess the learning community res life program at RFS
2. Assist the facilities supervisor in general station operations and visitor support.
3. Assist the RFS teaching faculty in classroom and laboratory exercises and provide field support logistics. .
4. Develop and implement and assess the RFS activities program for campus based students.
5. Assist in the implementation of field research projects.
The Specific Responsibilities of the Resident Director (RD) include:
1. Develop and implement recreational and other community enhancement activities for students residing at the station.
2. Attend and monitor RFS campus functions, as needed.
3. Supervise and train residents with regard to daily operation of the residence hall, residence life issues, policies and procedures.
4. Coordinate the opening and closing procedures for the residence halls at the beginning and end of each semester and for holiday periods.
5. Report damages, repair needs, and replacement needs to the Field Station Office.
6. When necessary, make referrals for students facing academic, personal, or other concerns.
7. Utilize student development theories to assist with assessing student needs, setting goals, developing and evaluating programs.
8. Participate in the overall administration of the Office of Residential Life by serving on committees and tasks forces, representing the office as requested, and cooperatively assisting colleagues.
9. Attend one-on-one meeting with Director of Residential Life on a monthly basis or as needed.
10. Assists Dean of Students Office with judicial proceedings for residents who have allegedly violated a Juniata College policy.
11. Assume on-duty responsibilities for residents and visitors to the station.
12. Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Residential Life.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Previous professional or paraprofessional experience in campus activities and/or residential life is preferred. Applicants with previous experience with environmental field science and / or outdoor education are also preferred.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy not because of legal obligations but because it fully believes that such practices are basic to human dignity.
To apply, please complete our online application: