What is Inbound?
Would you like a taste of college without having to go to class? If so, Inbound can give you a sneak peek at what college life is like. Meet your classmates and upperclassmen by participating in one of the retreats offered Saturday, August 23th - Tuesday, August 26th, 2014.
There are approximately 10 first-year students per retreat and each retreat will be led by two upperclass students. We will do our best to place you in one of your top three retreat choices.
Inbound Retreats is a social, transitional program for first-year students. Upon completion of the Inbound program through small and large group activities, students will:
- Establish new social relationships;
- Become acclimated to the campus and surrounding community;
- Experience less anxiety about starting college;
- Become acclimated to collegiate living;
- Learn ways in which to become engaged and involved on campus;
- Become more confident with oneself;
- Gain knowledge about collegiate interests; and
- Meet faculty, staff and/or community members which serve as additional resources to students
- 2005: program piloted, 1 retreat, 10 students participated.
- 2006: 4 retreats, 53 students participated.
- 2007: 10 retreats, 79 students participated.
- 2008: Received Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)/Wal-mart First-generation grant, 14 retreats, 143 students participated.
- 2009: Second year of CIC/Wal-mart grant, 19 retreats, 189 students participated.
- 2010: Third year of CIC/Wal-mart grant, 21 retreats, 206 students participated.
- 2011: 31 retreats, 316 students participated.
- 2012: 34 retreats, 330 students participated.
- 2013: 34 retreats, 350 students participated.