Women's tennis downs Washington & Jefferson to even record at 2-2
(Posted October 1, 2009)
WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Juniata College swept all three doubles matches and took five of six singles on its way to an 8-1 win over Washington & Jefferson College, in women's tennis action Thursday afternoon in Washington, Pa.
Katie Healy (Pittsburgh, Pa./Mt. Lebanon) and Maggie Wolenter (Audubon, N.J./Audubon) got the match started with an 8-1 win over the Presidents' Lina Echeverri and Rachel Lobell at no. 1 doubles, and Healy finished with a win at no. 1 singles, 6-2, 6-2 over Echeverri.
Stacie Beegle (Schellsburg, Pa./Chestnut Ridge) and Lauren Perow (Huntingdon, Pa./Huntingdon Area) continued the doubles rout with an 8-2 victory at no. 2 doubles over Valerie Mahoney and Carrie Campbell. Hilary Walsh (Waynesboro, Pa./Waynesboro Area) and Rachel Adams (McLean, Va./Jakarta Int'l School) completed the sweep with an 8-3 win at no. 3 doubles over Kimberly Knapek.
Perow and Beegle won singles matches at no. 2 and no. 3 singles respectively, and Jade Wronowski (Barto, Pa./Brandywine Heights) posted a 6-3, 6-3 victory at no. 5 singles over Jennifer Czekaj. Adams took a win by default at no. 6 singles.
Juniata improved to 2-2 overall with the victory, which closed out the Eagles fall slate of matches.
Juniata 8, Washington & Jefferson 1
1. Katie Healy (JUN) def. Lina Echeverri, 6-2, 6-2
2. Lauren Perow (JUN) def. Rachel Lobell, 6-3, 6-2
3. Stacie Beegle (JUN) def. Valerie Mahoney, 6-0, 6-1
4. Carrie Campbell (W&J) def. Hilary Walsh, 6-2, 7-5
5. Jade Wronowski (JUN) def. Jennifer Czekaj, 6-3, 6-3
6. Rachel Adams (JUN), by default
1. Katie Healy/Maggie Wolenter (JUN) def. Lina Echeverri/Rachel Lobell, 8-1
2. Stacie Beegle/Lauren Perow (JUN) def. Valerie Mahoney/Carrie Campbell, 8-2
3. Hilary Walsh/Rachel Adams (JUN) def. Kimberly Knapek/Jennifer Czekaj, 8-3
Our readers respond...
Contact John Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3132 for more information.