Juniata men's tennis falls to Elizabethtown in spring home opener
(Posted March 20, 2010)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- A pair of victories in singles play were all Juniata College could muster as the Eagle men's tennis team fell to visiting Elizabethtown College, 7-2, Saturday afternoon at the Raffensperger Tennis Courts in Huntingdon, Pa.
Juniata (1-7) picked up a win at number one singles with Jarrad Silver's (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) three-set win over Elizabethtown's Manrique Arrea, 4-6, 6-4, 10-4. Freshman Scott Andrews (Hollidaysburg, Pa./Altoona Area) picked up his second win of his collegiate career with a 6-1, 6-2 straight sets victory over the Blue Jays' Michael Anderson.
Neither Silver nor Andrews was able to pick up a doubles win, although Silver and doubles partner Arnab Chakrabarti (Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta) took E-town's Arrea and Bryan Metz into an extra set before falling, 9-7.
The Eagles return to action on Wednesday, March 24, when they face Frostburg State University in a road match.
Elizabethtown 7, Juniata 2
1. Jarrad Silver (JUN) def. Manrique Arrea (ETOWN) 4-6, 6-4, 10-4
2. Josh Riehl (ETOWN) def. Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) 6-4, 6-2
3. Brok Walker (ETOWN) def. Tucker Good (JUN) 6-4, 6-2
4. Bryan Metz (ETOWN) def. Brice Morey (JUN) 5-7, 6-0, 10-7
5. Eric Fritzges (ETOWN) def. Ross Imbrie (JUN) 6-3, 6-1
6. Scott Andrews (JUN) def. Michael Anderson (ETOWN) 6-1, 6-2
1. Manrique Arrea/Bryan Metz (ETOWN) def. Jarrad Silver/Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) 9-7
2. Josh Riehl/Eric Fritzges (ETOWN) def. Ross Imbrie/Scott Andrews (JUN) 8-2
3. Brok Walker/Michael Anderson (ETOWN) def. Tucker Good/Brice Morey (JUN) 8-3
Our readers respond...
Contact John Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3132 for more information.