Juniata women's tennis opens three-match home stand with loss to Elizabethtown
(Posted March 20, 2010)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- A doubles victory by Katie Healy (Pittsburgh, Pa./Mt. Lebanon) and Maggie Wolenter (Audubon, N.J./Audubon) was the lone point of the day for Juniata College women's tennis, as the Eagles dropped an 8-1 decision to Elizabethtown College, Saturday afternoon at the Raffensperger Tennis Courts in Huntingdon, Pa.
Healy and Wolenter dropped the Blue Jays' Emily Swarr and Jess Russell, 8-5, giving the pair their fourth win in five starts since being paired up in Juniata's final match of the fall season.
The Eagles return to action on Sunday, March 21, when they face Lancaster Bible College at noon on the Raffensperger Courts.
Elizabethtown College 8, Juniata College 1
1. Emily Swarr (ETOWN) def. Katie Healy (JUN) 6-3, 6-3
2. Jess Russell (ETOWN) def. Maggie Wolenter (JUN) 6-1, 6-1
3. Allison Burkhardt (ETOWN) def. Stacie Beegle (JUN) 6-4, 6-3
4. Madison Pipkin (ETOWN) def. Lauren Perow (JUN) 6-0, 6-2
5. Alena Marani (ETOWN) def. Hilary Walsh (JUN) 6-1, 6-0
6. Kristi Noecker (ETOWN) def. Rachel Adams (JUN) 6-0, 6-0
1. Katie Healy/Maggie Wolenter (JUN) def. Emily Swarr/Jess Russell (ETOWN) 8-5
2. Allison Burkhardt/Madison Pipkin (ETOWN) def. Stacie Beegle/Lauren Perow (JUN) 8-3
3. Alena Marani/Kristi Noecker (ETOWN) def. Hilary Walsh/Rachel Adams (JUN) 8-4
Our readers respond...
Contact John Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3132 for more information.