Imbrie wins in singles, but Juniata falls to Scranton, 8-1
(Posted April 5, 2010)
SCRANTON, Pa. -- Junior Ross Imbrie (Warwick, N.Y./Warwick Valley) posted a Juniata College win at no. 5 singles, but it turned out to the be the lone Juniata victory of the day as the Eagles dropped an 8-1 decision to the University of Scranton, in Landmark Conference men's tennis action on Monday in Scranton, Pa.
Imbrie posted a 6-4, 6-2 decision over the Royals' Bennett Kelley. In doubles play earlier in the match, Kelley and Scranton teammate Michael Arrighi notched an 8-2 win over Imbrie and his partner, Scott Andrews (Hollidaysburg, Pa./Altoona Area).
Juniata dropped the remaining singles matches in straight sets. In doubles action, the Juniata tandem of Tucker Good (Gettysburg, Pa./Gettysburg) and Brice Morey (Enola, Pa./East Pennsboro) came the closest to notching a win, eventually falling 8-6 to Scranton's Joe Morra and Mike Pannone.
Juniata returns to action on Wednesday, April 7, when it hosts Lancaster Bible College at the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
Scranton 8, Juniata 1
1. Carl Caceres (SCR) def. Jarrad Silver (JUN) 6-2, 6-3
2. Tim McGurrin (SCR) def. Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) 6-2, 6-0
3. Joe Morra (SCR) def. Tucker Good (JUN) 6-4, 6-1
4. Jonathan Russo (SCR) def. Brice Morey (JUN) 6-3, 6-0
5. Ross Imbrie (JUN) def. Bennett Kelley (SCR) 6-4, 6-2
6. Michael Arrighi (SCR) def. Scott Andrews (JUN) 6-4, 6-3
1. Carl Caceres/Tim McGurrin (SCR) def. Arnab Chakrabarti/Jarrad Silver (JUN) 8-4
2. Michael Arrighi/Bennett Kelley (SCR) def. Scott Andrews/Ross Imbrie (JUN) 8-2
3. Joe Morra/Mike Pannone (SCR) def. Tucker Good/Brice Morey (JUN) 8-6
Juniata College 2-9/0-2 Landmark
Scranton 9-4/1-1 Landmark
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (2,3,1,4,5,6)
Our readers respond...
Contact John Wall at email@example.com or (814) 641-3132 for more information.