Juniata men's tennis upends Penn State-Altoona, 5-4, for second straight win
(Posted April 12, 2011)
ALTOONA, Pa. -- Juniata College men's tennis won its second match in a row with a 5-4 win over Penn State Altoona, in a match played in Altoona at the ProCare Health & Fitness Center.
The Eagles (6-8) picked up wins in two of the three doubles matches, with Justin Wisniewski (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) and Arnab Chakrabarti (Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta) posting an 8-6 win at no. 1 doubles, and Elliott Perow (Huntingdon, Pa./Huntingdon Area) and Brice Morey (Enola, Pa./East Pennsboro) taking a 9-7 triumph out of their no. 2 doubles match.
Wisniewski continued the winning ways at no. 1 singles, with a 7-6 (9-7), 7-5 victory over PSU-Altoona's Nicolas Navarre. Morey also made it a two-win day with a 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 6-3 triumph at no. 3 singles over the Lions' Michael Reinhardt, while Altoona-native Scott Andrews (Hollidaysburg, Pa./Altoona Area) had a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Max Averbach.
Juniata men's tennis is slated to return to action this Saturday, April 16, when it hosts Catholic University at 1:00 p.m.
Juniata 5, Penn State-Altoona 4
1. Justin Wisniewski/Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) def. Nicolas Navarre/Michael Reinhardt (PSUA), 8-6
2. Elliott Perow/Brice Morey (JUN) def. Steven Dull/Ben Heidorn (PSUA), 9-7
3. Jarred Sutton/Max Averbach (PSUA) def. Scott Andrews/Matt Butler (JUN), 9-7
1. Justin Wisniewski (JUN) def. Nicolas Navarre (PSUA), 7-6 (9-7), 7-5
2. Steven Dull (PSUA) def. Elliott Perow (JUN), 7-5, 6-7 (3-7), 6-4
3. Brice Morey (JUN) def. Michael Reinhardt (PSUA), 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 6-3
4. Jarred Sutton (PSUA) def. Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN), 6-0, 6-2
5. Scott Andrews (JUN) def. Max Averbach (PSUA), 6-3, 6-4
6. Kevin Ly (PSUA) def. Matt Butler (JUN), 6-2, 6-3
Our readers respond...
Contact John Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3132 for more information.