Event Planning Checklist
Pick a date, time, and location for your event (Consider a back-up date or location as well)...
Submit the chosen date, time, and location via Event Scheduler located on the Arch under the Administrative tab
Will you need any tables, chairs, microphones, projectors, etc?
- If Yes, submit these additional items in Event Scheduler. If you aren’t sure what you will need you can always add it later, just be sure to have everything added at least one week prior to your event.
Once you have received notification your event has been confirmed…
Will you be doing any fundraising (charging an entrance fee, selling items, etc.)?
- If Yes, be sure to fill out and submit the Fundraising/Solicitation Application which can be located on the OSA website under Forms.
Is your event BYOB?
- If Yes, be sure to fill out and submit the BYOB Form which can be located on the OSA website under Forms.
Will you be selling tickets for this event at the info desk?
- If Yes, be sure to fill out and submit the Event Sign-Up Sheet which can be located on the OSA website under Forms. If you will be collecting money for your tickets be sure to get a cash advance, directions for a cash advance can be located under the heading “A week before your event…”
Will you be advertising your event at a table in the Ellis lobby?
- If Yes, be sure to request an Ellis Lobby Table on Event Scheduler located on the Arch under the Administrative tab.
Will you be serving food?
- If Yes, Sodexo has first right or refusal so you must contact them first. Hal McLaughlin can be reached at email@example.com
Will you be traveling off campus for your event?
- If Yes, be sure to fill out and submit the Travel Permit which can be located on the OSA website under Forms. You will also need to complete the off campus travel form which can be located on the Arch under the Administrative tab below the Campus Safety heading.
Are you bringing in outside personnel?
- If Yes, All contracts must be brought to OSA at least one month prior to your event so that the Juniata College contract can be sent to the agent/artist. Any outside personnel must have their own insurance. Also, be sure you have made arrangements with them regarding food, stay, etc.
Once your event and forms have been approved, ADVERTISE…
- Posters can be printed through the Print Shop, submit a work order at least 2 days before you need the posters. You can submit a work order at http://www.juniata.edu/services/printshop (If you don’t submit the posters through the print shop and print as a student your student account WILL be charged)
- Posters can be made in the OSA Art Room. Please be sure not to waste supplies and clean up your mess.
- *Please follow the Advertising Policy located on the Conferences & Events website under Policies*
- Submit your event in the Announcements; You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of the Announcements on the Arch and clicking Add/Edit Announcements
- E-mail your club members
- Make a facebook event/group
A week before your event…
Will you need cash at your event?
- If Yes, Please fill out a Cash Advance Voucher located on the OSA website under Forms and submit it to the Bursar’s Office located in Founders Hall.
Will you be purchasing items for your event?
- If Yes…
- Make sure you mention the purchase is tax-exempt. If you are making your purchase with a P-card the tax exempt number can be found at the top of the card. If you are making the purchase with cash you must provide a tax exempt form which can be obtained by contacting Jessica Jackson or Barbara Reck.
- Be sure to charge the purchases to your P-card or make purchases with personal cash or a cash advance. To get reimbursed fill out a Cash Reimbursement Form located on the OSA website under Forms.
- *Make sure to save your receipts for any purchases you make*
After your event…
Do you have any P-card receipts?
- If Yes, make sure your receipts make it to Jessica Jackson by the given P-card cycle deadline.
Did you get a cash advance?
- If Yes, make sure you get the money back to the Bursar’s Office and you fill out a Cash Advance Clear form located on the OSA website under Forms within a week of the cash advance.
Did you receive any money that you need to deposit into your club account?
- If Yes, take the money and a Deposit Form which can be located on the OSA website under Forms to the Bursar’s Office in a timely manner.
Do you need to reimburse someone?
- If Yes, and the reimbursement is under $100, take the receipts and a Cash Reimbursement Form (which can be located on the OSA website under Forms) to the Bursar’s Office.
- If Yes, and the reimbursement is over $100, take the receipts and an Accounts Payable Voucher to Erika Morgan in the Brick House at 1923 Moore Street.