Frequently Asked Questions
- Are stamps sold at the post office? Can I have stamps delivered to my office and charged to my account?
Stamps are sold from the post office window only. A signature is required to purchase stamps using your office account number. You can also order large amounts of stamps by calling the post office.
- Can I pay with my Juniata gold card or a debit/credit card at the post office?
No, Juniata's post office does not accept debit/credit cards nor DCBs from your Juniata gold card. You can pay by cash or check.
- If I forgot my mailbox key, will the post office personnel get my mail for me?
Yes, but don’t make a habit of it. Post office personnel will give your mail for a forgotten key only TWO times in one semester.
- What do I do if I lost my mailbox key?
You can get a new key for $5, which will be charged to your account. Cash for keys is not accepted.
- At what time are package slips placed in the mailboxes?
Normally by 1:00 p.m. all deliveries have been made and slips are in the boxes, however sometimes excessive deliveries take a longer period of time to process.
- When does USPS mail leave campus?
USPS mail is picked up Monday-Friday at 2:45 p.m. and Saturday at 9 a.m. There is no mail pick up or delivery on Federal and Juniata administration holidays.
- Can I buy USPS boxes from the post office?
Yes, we even have a few UPS and FedEx items to help you (free of charge). If we don't have it, we might be able to get it for you. Just ask.
- Can I buy envelopes from the post office?
No. Mailing envelopes are available for purchase from the Book Store.
- Do you sell Money Orders?
- What happens to my mail over fall/spring and summer break?
Your mail is held at Juniata's post office over the fall/spring break periods. During summer break, mail is forwarded to your home address, unless you ask the post office to hold your mail. If you are living on campus during summer break, let the post office know so you can continue to get your mail.