Provost Search Update
This is the first of several periodic updates for the Juniata campus community from the Provost Search Committee. While we cannot violate our commitment to confidentiality regarding candidates, we hope to keep the campus community informed about the search process as the year progresses.
As a reminder, the members of the search committee include:
- Jackson Barlow — Faculty
- Hannah Bellwoar — Faculty
- Kathleen Biddle — Faculty
- Anshu Chawla — Student
- Kris Clarkson — Student Affairs
- Kati Cosman — International Office
- Daniel Dries — Faculty
- Joanne Krugh — Administrative Staff
- John Matter — Faculty
- James Troha — President, Committee Co-Chair
- Gail Ulrich — Office of Human Resources
- Donna Weimer — Faculty, Committee Co-Chair
- Kathryn Westcott — Interim Provost
In addition, the committee has retained the services of Steve Leo, Vice President and Vicki Henderson, Senior Associate from Storbeck Pimental Executive Search Consultants to support the search.
An important early step in the process was to define the job profile, which includes key selection criteria and attributes we seek in our next provost. The committee completed a successful information-gathering phase on November 18, 2013 when Mr. Leo and Ms. Henderson met with over 100 members of the campus community to elicit their input. The search committee and consultants created the job profile based on this information and the actual recruitment has already begun.
We wish to thank the faculty, students, staff and administration who participated in the various meetings with Mr. Leo and Ms. Henderson. The input gives the Committee important direction.
With the profile complete and candidate recruitment now underway, the committee will prepare for the next stage of this search, which will be a preliminary review of candidate materials. Look for our next provost search update in mid to late January. Comments may be directed to us as co-chairs of the Search Committee using the e-mail addresses indicated below.
Timeline for Provost Search
- November 2013
- Search Committee holds open forums
- Search Committee and consultants meet to discuss search process, timetable, confidentiality, and qualifications
- Consultants hold campus meetings to receive input from campus constituent groups
- Advertising placed
- December 2013
- Position profile and timeline finalized
- Consultants begin to build candidate pool
- January – February 2014
- Consultants continue recruitment
- Search Committee begins review of candidates and selects candidates for airport interviews
- March 2014
- Committee holds airport interviews, selects finalists for campus visits
- April 2014
- Finalists make public visits to campus