Provost Search Update
The beginning of January marked the active candidate recruitment phase for the Juniata College Provost search. Notice of search appeared this fall in the edition of the Chronicle of Higher Education and on 5 websites dedicated to diversity in recruitment. In addition approximately 3,ooo emails were sent to individuals at institutions of higher learning to solicit nominations and referrals. Our search consultants, Steve Leo and Vicki Henderson have been initiating personal contacts, drawing upon a broad network of academic leaders. Our intention is to cast a broad net to encourage candidate interest.
Expressions of interest are strong. To date we have received over 70 applications and we expect more. We are optimistic about the strong qualified applicant pool. The committee has worked diligently to create criteria with which to assess candidate materials. The reading and processing of applications is underway and our next meeting with Storbeck and Pimental on February 24th will define our refined list for the first round of interviews.
Look for our next update in early March.
Timeline for Provost Search
- November 2013
- Search Committee holds open forums
- Search Committee and consultants meet to discuss search process, timetable, confidentiality, and qualifications
- Consultants hold campus meetings to receive input from campus constituent groups
- Advertising placed
- December 2013
- Position profile and timeline finalized
- Consultants begin to build candidate pool
- January – February 2014
- Consultants continue recruitment
- Search Committee begins review of candidates and selects candidates for airport interviews
- March 2014
- Committee holds airport interviews, selects finalists for campus visits
- April 2014
- Finalists make public visits to campus