Provost Search Update
Since our last update, the Search Committee has been diligently reviewing materials from a pool of nearly 100 candidates. The pool includes several current and former provosts, and other strong academic leaders with the relevant experience we had hoped to attract. We are pleased to have generated such a strong and diverse pool from which to choose.
This past Monday, we chose 10 candidates (and two alternates) that we will interview in mid-March in Washington, DC. From this pool we will choose 3-4 candidates to visit our campus at the end of March and into April.
The search committee is obligated to maintaining complete candidate confidentiality until the finalists for campus visits are identified. We appreciate your continued support and patience as we near the final stages of this search.
Timeline for Provost Search
- November 2013
- Search Committee holds open forums
- Search Committee and consultants meet to discuss search process, timetable, confidentiality, and qualifications
- Consultants hold campus meetings to receive input from campus constituent groups
- Advertising placed
- December 2013
- Position profile and timeline finalized
- Consultants begin to build candidate pool
- January – February 2014
- Consultants continue recruitment
- Search Committee begins review of candidates and selects candidates for airport interviews
- March 2014
- Committee holds airport interviews, selects finalists for campus visits
- April 2014
- Finalists make public visits to campus