Special Course Offerings
Juniata is an approved provider of both credit and non-credit community education courses for ACT 48 certification. ACT 48 credits are awarded for completion of any coursework that is related to the educator's discipline and can enhance teachings in the classroom.
Things to know:
All of Juniata's credit courses are approved by the PDE for ACT 48 as long as you did not take them as an undergraduate, and they must be earned for a grade and not audited. A three credit course equals 90 hours.
Certain non-credit courses are approved by the PDF for ACT 48 credit.
Reporting of credit or hours are completed once the activity is over and forms completed by the instructor are submitted to the Registrar's Office. The Professional Personal ID must be listed in order to submit the paperwork.
Special programming for hours are filed with the Registrar's Office and approved by the Education Department contact, Dr. Valerie Park.
For faculty or staff interested in providing an ACT 48 program, please fill out the following form and submit it to Dr. Valerie Park, Good Hall 308 or email@example.com, Act 48 Application. If you have any questions, you may contact Dr. Park at 814-641-3668.
- A variety of program overseas is available, including a full academic year, one semester, and short-term summer programs. Read more about the Semester Study Abroad in Gambia
- Semester programs offered at the Raystown Field Station. Go here to learn more about the field station and the curriculum. Immersion Semesters at Raystown Field Station and Remote Field Course
Juniata's Summer Online Programs
- We offer our own online course at a cost saving of $450.00 per credit. There are 7 courses and one is CA, Cultural Analysis. Look for the section number of OL to determine what to look for. Look in the course description or course syllabus for book requirements.
- Check the schedule here at Summer Class Schedule for offerings
- Registration for Juniata students can be found here JC Summer Registration. The form should be submitted to Carrie Rhodes in the Registrar's Office
- Our regular summer session also has some fabulous choices to assist in getting ahead. Look at Summer Sessions A and B for choices.