Office of
the Registrar

chemistry class 2Economics Professor

Foreign Language Placement

In foreign languages, students are placed at the appropriate college level based on their years of high school language or a placement exam. If a student decides to decline the evaluated level assigned and prefer to take the introductory course, students will be advised that they can not count the course type of H or I for their FISHN requirements. It will be counted as basic general elective credit.

When students enroll in world language courses and plan to study for a semester in the target language and culture on a study abroad, students can have both requirements of IC/CA waived if they take one course beyond WL 210 in the target language. English speaking placements would not count for this waiver.