Faculty/Advisor Registration Instructions
- To be clear: All registration happens in WEBADVISOR. All SIGNOFFS and viewing of a student's list of courses and course types appears on the ARCH channel.
- Please maximize your window to show all WebAdvisor Ribbons. The internet browser to be used is either Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- If a student can't register? Is it their time to register or did they review and submit the FERPA link (this applies only to March/April registration).
- Remember if you are registering a student you must click on SUBMIT for the registration to STICK. If not, the registration remains in the shopping cart.
- It will take one advisor to lock out a student against any changes. Please coordinate with the other faculty member if you are a stickler about advising.
For March & April registration students will have to sign off on the annual FERPA notification and policy before they can register. Registration is assigned by birth month. Visit http://www.juniata.edu/services/webdev/channels/webadvisor/when_register.html and enter the student ID number.
- Returning Seniors may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 31
- Juniors may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 31
- Sophomores may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 2
- Freshmen may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 9
- Student registration closes on Thursday, April 17 at 5:00 p.m.
- Advisor sign-off ends on Friday, April 25 at 5:00 p.m.
Below are the student's instructions for registering.
- Select courses using the Scheduling Assistant on the ARCH
- Remember to include leading zeroes in synonyms and sections numbers
- Use Express Registration – for faster selection use synonyms only
- You may enter all of their class choices on the same screen. BEWARE of prerequisites (in March & April )do FALL first, SUBMIT, and then Spring for the system to recognize the courses. In October & November do Spring only, SUBMIT.
- For variable credit - Use Search and Register, or if you are not sure what you want to take and want to view several options: days of the week, professor etc. Search for one course at a time.
- Use Drop Section to make a change to the course selection.
- Use the Course Exception Form for registering for any course requiring instructors consent.
- Internships - students register for the --490 and --495 numbers within the department; this course will be set at 2 credits a piece. The student must submit the official internship paperwork witht the correct information that applies to their internship.The internship paperwork may be obtained from the Career Services Office, or on their webpage, Juniata College - Career Services
- EAGLES ABROAD students should register for BCA 300 or EXC 300 depending on their site-check with Betsy Brajdic in CIE.
- A screen listing Preferred Sections lists the results of their registration request. This is their shopping cart
- From the shopping cart, you can choose to register for all the preferred sections at once using options from the dropdown, or you may select a registration option for each individual course.
- Errors messages must resolved before the registration is accepted.
- You may also drop previously registered courses by clicking on the check box in Current Registrations. The registration is not complete until the desired sections show under Current Registration.
- When done, click SUBMIT.
When students have registered and you are reviewing:
- Advisor can view selections on the ARCH but will have to enter WEBADVISOR to make any changes.
- Use the DROP SELECTION to drop a course and then go to EXPRESS REGISTRATION to enter new synonym to add a class.
- Make sure you have Registration results and the current registration is showing as registered.
- Once complete, log off and go to the ARCH to SIGNOFF
- Students often think they registered and they are sitting in the shopping cart. If your view on the ARCH is blank then they have no registration. The registration is sitting in the shopping cart. Only the students can go in and complete their registration.
- If you have questions about registration or unexpected error messages about their course selections, call the registrar's office at ext. 3165 between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- For more information on the registration process, please visit the Office of the Registrar's home page.