At Juniata, students will complete a 3-year Communication bachelor’s program and then continue into a 1-year MBA master’s program. With this pathway, students complete both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in just 4 years. To complete both a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree by the end of year 4, students would need to take 5 to 6 classes per semester with each academic year consisting of three semesters.
Why a Dual Degree?
An accelerated program provides the obvious benefit of receiving an MBA in the fourth year of study. At a time when many students are struggling to graduate within 6 years at many institutions, students who complete this program at Juniata receive a bachelors from a highly ranked Liberal-arts school in just three years and an MBA in the fourth year. This results in many financial, and academic benefits.
The financial advantage:
- Save on tuition cost to achieve two degrees at an accelerated pace
- Enter the workforce early by completing your degree program at least one year sooner
- Benefit from an extra year’s worth of earnings
- For the first three years, benefit from an Accelerated Dual Degree scholarship, worth 50% of tuition!
- In year four, access to financial aid for your masters, including the Juniata College Alumni Scholarship worth $600 per credit.
The academic advantage:
- Benefit from Juniata's renowned Communication department at a top liberal-arts college
- Access to professors with research, consulting, and professional career building opportunities
- Flexible graduate learning; Online and in-person
- Dedicated professors that help students cultivate a personal presence online and offline with resume writing, online profile, interview preparation, internship / job hunting guidance
- Professors teach Listening, speaking and writing as core and advanced communication skills to enhancing professional expertise
- Professors maximize the cross-disciplinary strengths of both fields through effective communication skill building
The advantage of experience:
- Once per semester networking dinner with distinguished communication alumni, accomplished trustees and Communication professors to explore career options.
- Consideration for "Juniata Associate" positions in your field (Juniata Center for Communication Office; Alumni Office and Communication Department Assistant)
- For-credit internship placement
- Focus on community engagement and client-based practicums
How to Apply:
Students must apply for this program during the senior year of High School by applying to Juniata via the Common Application or The Coalition. To qualify for this program, students must express an interest, have a GPA above a 3.5. For questions on the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with your admissions counselor.
FACULTY CONTACT: Dr. Donna Weimer –email@example.com