How Do I Pay for My Juniata Education?
- Outside Scholarships: Funds from non-Juniata agencies are deducted from your estimated family cost, not from our award.
- Tuition Management Systems (TMS): With no interest or finance charges, your parents can enroll to finance your costs over 10 months through TMS. A nominal fee is charged to set up.
- Parent Loans: Through the PLUS loan (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students), payments can be extended up to 10 years.
- Private Education Loans: Credit-based loans (also called alternative loans) are offered by banks and other lending institutions to students. Some loans of this type require co-signers, and some do not. Details vary depending on the program and lender.
- Campus Employment: Additional student employment may be available. Work is not credited against charges but is paid directly to the student during the academic year.
The following are only a few scenarios of how a student can combine the financial aid options listed above. The scenarios are based on a student receiving an award letter with an estimated family cost of $20,000.
|Scenario 1||Scenario 2|
|Estimated Family Cost||$20,000||Estimated Family Cost||$20,000|
|Outside Scholarships||$5,000||Tuition Payment Plan $2,000/month||$3,000|
|Tuition Savings Plan $500/month||$5,000|
|Private Education Loan||$10,000|
|Scenario 3||Scenario 4|
|Outstanding Balance||$20,000||Outstanding Balance||$20,000|
|Outside Scholarships||$2,000||Outside Scholarships||$3,000|
|Tuition Savings Plan||$5,000||Tuition Savings Plan $500/month||$5,000|
|Tuition Payment Plan $1,300/month||$13,000||Student Summer Wages||$2,000|
|Parent PLUS Loan||$10,000|