Baker Refectory, located on the main floor of Ellis Hall, is the dining hall for students. It offers an all you care to eat facility where all students residing in college residence halls are required to select from meal plan options 1 through 3. All first semester freshman students are automatically assigned meal plan 1. Meal exchanges are offered for lunch at Simply to Go, Jitters, and Eagle's Landing. Eagle’s Landing also offers meal exchange at dinner.
The options are as follows:
|Plan 1||All inclusive (19 meals/week)||$50 DCB|
|Plan 1A||16 meals per week||$125 DCB|
|Plan 2||185 meals per semester||$200 DCB|
|Plan 3||120 meals per semester||$300 DCB|
|Plan 4||60 meals per semester||$100 DCB|
|Plan 5||20 meals per semester||$100 DCB|
|Plan FS||Field Station Only||N/A|
No meal plan changes will be permitted after the drop/add period.
Non-campus students, commuters and students residing in college-owned houses may choose any plan. Any other exceptions to meal plan options must have the prior approval of the Dean of Students. The Dining Service Office should be notified of any special dietary needs as prescribed by a physician and efforts will be made to accommodate requests.
The procedures for obtaining a food service waiver are: submit the diet prescribed by a physician to the Dean of Students Office (a doctor’s note simply requesting release will not suffice). The diet will be reviewed. The student will be notified of the decision in writing.
A "missed meal" factor is taken into account in determining the charges for the various board plans and helps reduce the price. No refund is made for meals missed.
The declining balance dollars (DCB dollars) allow purchases in The Eagle's Landing, Mocha Run, Jitters, Simply - To-Go, Brewed Awakenings, Nathan Hall, Baker Refectory and Sodexo catering. Moneys from the DCB account may also be used by the students to pay for any guests they bring to the dining hall. All declining cash balances (DCBs) associated with meal plans that are not used by the end of each academic year will be forfeited
Participants in internships and student teachers may be permitted to select an appropriate "Block Plan" if the Dean of Students determines that the student cannot take full advantage full meal plans. Appeals for such consideration must be submitted in writing to the Dean of Students Office within the first two weeks of the semester. Additionally, bag lunches are available to student teachers. Please contact the Food Service Office.
The dining room is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in accordance with the college calendar. Students may select from assorted entrees (including vegetarian selections at each meal). We also feature a grill line, an exhibition cooking format, a deli, Smoothie Bar and more. We also feature a Simple Servings Station where foods served are prepared exclusively with ingredients which do not include the following food allergens; Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, & Gluten.
A catering staff is available for special functions and arrangements can be made through the Catering Office (x3334) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional DCB dollars may be added to your account through the Accounting Office at any time during the semester. These DCBs can be refunded or carried over each year.
College Post Office Policy for Students
- After matriculating at Juniata College, each student is assigned a box number at the College Post Office. Two students share a box and the same box number will remain with the students during their four years at Juniata.
- College Post Office hours are:
- Academic Year: Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Summer: Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- A key is issued to each student. If lost, the student will be charged $5.00 for a replacement key.
- The address a student should use while at Juniata College must include their assigned box number. Placement of the box number, as shown in the examples below, is extremely important in processing the mail expeditiously. Also, if there is an A with your mailbox # you must include it to speed up the processing of your mail.
Regular Mail Example:
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
UPS and FedEx Example:
John Doe / Box Number
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
- The College Post Office accepts checks and cash for payment. Debit cards and credit cards are not accepted.
- Mail is held in student post office boxes over the break periods. Newspapers are not held unless a request is presented at the post office window before each break period.
- During summer recess, mail is forwarded to the student’s home address, unless the student requests differently. (Students remaining on campus for summer employment must notify the College Post Office to ensure their mail is not forwarded.)
- If a student receives a package, a white slip is placed in the student’s mailbox. To retrieve the package, the student must present the white slip to the window clerk during normal business hours. Packages will not be retrieved after normal business hours.
- Window clerks are NOT PERMITTED to pull mail from student’s mailboxes. Students must use their issued keys to get into mailboxes.
- Express mail, certified mail, and insured mail are delivered to the College Post Office. If a student receives this type of mail, a pink slip is placed in the student’s mailbox. To retrieve this type of mail, the student must present the pink slip to the window clerk during normal business hours. No mail will be retrieved after normal business hours.
- Students may buy postage and mailing items from the College Post Office.
- Outgoing mail is picked up Monday-Friday at 2:45 p.m. and on Saturdays at 11:00 a.m.
- Students studying abroad must submit their new mailing address to the College Post Office prior to their departure.
The Print Shop (located at 1931 Moore Street) offers copying and binding services to students for a small fee.
The college provides transportation, for a nominal fee, to-and-from the airport, and train and bus stations at the beginning and end of semester break. Information can be obtained by contacting the Dean of Students Office at 814-641-3150.