What is the Student Seed Capital Process Objective?
To provide startup and early stage working capital funding to any full-time Juniata College student run business. The student must be in good standing (i.e, no academic probation, conditional acceptance status or significant current student affairs disciplinary action). Or a faculty run business where students play a significant role, interested in starting a for-profit business in the local area of Huntingdon County.
What is the Process?
- Submit a written detailed business or operation plan to the JCEL Staff. It is recommended students take advantage of NextStep Fellowship to developed their comprehensive business plan.
- JCEL staff and the JCEL Board of Directors will review the plan, they may require additional details.
- Within 30-days, a BOD meeting will be scheduled where the student will present (in person/ Skype/ teleconference) their idea to the Board of Directors. It is recommended the student's entrepreneurial support team (faculty sponsor, mentor, etc) attend this presentation.
- Upon completion of the presentation, approval may occur unconditionally or with conditions. The request may be tabled or rejected by the Board of Directors.
- If approved, a Seed Capital Agreement (SCA) will be executed detailing the terms and conditions of accessing the funds* requested.
*Funding levels generally do not exceed 15,000.000 per plan