Responsible for providing office management and primary administrative support to the Registrar: requiring considerable independent judgment and significant knowledge of policies, procedures and programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and manage office operations and administrative support services to include: scheduling tasks related to registration, course scheduling, and maintenance of student records, staff schedules, filing systems, customer service standards, correspondence, budget/expenditures tracking, etc.
- Monitor and assess student progress toward graduation. Responsible for functional aspects of the degree audit process to ensure it conforms to applicable policies and procedures. Consults with students and advisors on meeting graduation requirements. Provides information on degree candidates to numerous offices.
- Researches, gathers, and compiles information for various reports. Consults and communicates with numerous internal contacts to gather information, explain activities, describe needs, provided essential information, etc. Assists Registrar in making decisions.
- Assists in preparing budgets and fiscal reports. May review and/or route requests and proposals.
- Maintains complex, busy and shifting schedule of appointments and meetings. Ensures the Registrar is prepared with essential information and background for each meeting.
- Maintains the Registrar’s web page. Coordinates with administration and faculty to ensure information is accurate and correct.
- Serve as secretary to the Student Academic Development Committee.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence and under general guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups. Provides guidance and advice to office staff. Supervises student assistants including hiring, training and development.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through at least a high school diploma.
- Five years office experience, three of which should have been in an administrative support capacity.
- Demonstrated competencies with: PC office information systems, staff supervision, office planning/scheduling, budget management, project planning and management, correspondence preparation, and communication skills.