Provides varied and complex administrative and office support services for student services area.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a range of administrative/office support systems including: correspondence preparation; filing maintenance and retrieval; copying; customer service by phone, in person and through the mail; opening mail; scheduling meetings; arranging travel; etc.
- Performs a variety of critical logistical support services including: planning and scheduling meetings, events, travel, etc.; arranging appointments, planning and overseeing mailings; preparing and circulating agendas/announcements/minutes, etc.
- Provides program information and explains program policies and procedures to faculty, staff, students, alumni, and families of prospective students.
- Collects and processes data and information collected from applications, forms, requests, insuring completeness and accuracy. May maintain supporting database and files.
- Prepares and proofreads documents including reports, contracts, newsletters, and correspondence. Completes and prepares routine reports. May draft correspondence for signature of others.
- Conducts financial transactions such as purchasing goods and services, receive and deposit payments, monitor benefits and expenditures, submit and track payroll data, institute payments requests.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. May supervise small support staff and/or student assistants
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma. Additional academic training preferred.
- Three years experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: customer service, project planning and management, PC based office software, budget planning and tracking, staff supervision, and advanced word processing skills.