Completes payroll calculations and processing in support of paycheck preparation. Calculates and files all payroll tax deposits. Assists the Accounts Payable Specialist.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all college payrolls, payroll deposits, and tax payments. Reviews timecards for accuracy in regards to Juniata policy.
- Receive and process tax paperwork submitted by employees.
- Creates corresponding journal entries for benefits, taxes and other payroll related items.
- Respond to employees' requests for payroll information and their questions regarding Kronos service.
- Assist Accounts Payable Specialist in creating vouchers for payment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within established policies and procedures. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma plus additional schooling in the accounting/bookkeeping field. (Certification to Associate’s Degree).
- Three years bookkeeping/accounting experience sufficient to demonstrate knowledge and capabilities in: completing local, state, and federal payroll tax calculations, fringe benefit computations, software applications used in payroll and accounting transactions. Experience with Kronos and desktop software applications preferred.
- Customer service and communication skills are necessary.