At Juniata, students will complete a 3-year bachelor’s program in Environmental Studies and then continue into a 1-year MBA master’s program. With this pathway, students complete both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in just 4 years. To complete both a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree by the end of year 4, students would need to take 5 to 6 classes per semester with each academic year consisting of three semesters.
Why a Dual Degree?
An accelerated program provides the obvious benefit of receiving an MBA in the fourth year of study. At a time when many students are struggling to obtain a bachelors within 6 years at many institutions, students who complete this program at Juniata receive a bachelors from a highly ranked Liberal-arts school in just three years and an MBA in the fourth year. This results in many financial, and academic benefits.
The financial advantage:
- Save on tuition cost to achieve two degrees at an accelerated pace
- Enter the workforce early by completing your degree program at least one year sooner
- Benefit from an extra years worth of earnings
- For the first three years, benefit from an Accelerated Dual Degree scholarship, worth 50% of tuition!
- In year four, access to financial aid for your masters, including the Juniata College Alumni Scholarship worth $600 per credit.
The academic advantage:
- Want to save the planet? You will get training in Wildlife Management, Environmental Decision-making, Environmental Law, Geographic Information Systems, Data Analytics, and Global Public Health in a top 10 rated environmental bachelors program.
- Flexible graduate learning; Online and in-person
- Study Abroad: Opportunity to pursue Environmental Science coursework in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Dedicated professors that help students cultivate personal branding - resume writing, online profile, interview preparation, internship / job hunting
- Benefit from Juniata's renowned ESS and ABE departments at a top liberal-arts college
- Access to professors with Big-4 consulting experiences and career building opportunities
The advantage of experience:
- Juniata’s 3+1 is an opportunity to be ahead of the curve of people who will help governments, corporations, rating agencies, lenders, and philanthropists plan the planet of the future.
- Benefit from an MBA program designed to help you help government and industry make the best choices for the planet’s future and thereby our future.
- The ability to balance a full co-curricular experience (e.g., participation in clubs, sports, other interests) that is available to all Juniata students.
- For-credit internship placement
How to Apply:
Students must apply for this program during the senior year of High School by applying to Juniata via the Common Application or The Coalition. To qualify for this program, students must express an interest, have a GPA above a 3.5. For questions on the application, please contact email@example.com or speak with your admissions counselor.
FACULTY CONTACT: Dr. Uma Ramakrishnan - RAMAKRISHNAN@juniata.edu