Juniata houses chapters for two national leadership honor societies.
National Society of Leadership and Success
The NSLS is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at Juniata College was started in 2013. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members. Students are selected based on exemplary academic achievement. As of 2021 we have 1,233 members who have access to:
- More than $400,000 in scholarships
- An exclusive NSLS job board
- A personalized letter of recommendation
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life. If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually)
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success
- Access to private networking events
Visit the NSLS website, www.nsls.org, to learn more about and accept your nomination.
Omicron Delta Kappa
ODK is one of the country's preeminent leadership societies in the country. Membership in ODK is granted to those who demonstrate achievements in one of five phases of campus life:
- Campus or community service, social and religious activities, and campus government
- Journalism, speech, and mass media
- Creative and performing arts
Students must be juniors or seniors who rank in the top 35% of their class and are expected to demonstrate the five ODK ideals of scholarship, service, integrity, character, and fellowship.
Eligible students will receive a request to apply in the Fall of their junior or senior year. Tapping and induction of selected students occurs in the Spring Semester.
Interested in learning more about ODK at Juniata? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org