Juniata Christian Ministry Board Holds Meal for CROP
(Posted February 17, 2014)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- Juniata College students, sponsored by the Juniata College Campus Ministry, will hold the annual "Meal for CROP" from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 18, in the college's dining facility, Baker Refectory in Ellis Hall.
Each year, Juniata's Christian Ministry Board asks Juniata students to sacrifice their evening meal so those meals can be sold to the general public. Their places in line are sold to members of the community and the money is donated to CROP. The Huntingdon Forum of Churches also sponsor the meal.
Tickets may be purchased between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the Campus Ministry office, at 1905 Moore St., or participants can buy tickets at the door on the evening of the meal. Tickets are $10 per person, $5 for children between the ages of 6 and 12, while children 5 years old and under are admitted free.
Each year, 75 percent of the funds collected go to CROP and the remaining 25 percent is donated to the Huntingdon Area Food Bank to fight hunger at the local level.
Over the past 20 years, members of the Huntingdon community have helped to raise more than $50,000 for hunger relief.
CROP, an organization of the Church World Service, fights hunger throughout the world. Its programs support hunger relief and self-help projects are targeted primarily to developing countries, but projects within the United States often receive funding as well. The organization sends relief money, tools, seeds and food directly to people in need. CROP also sends emergency supplies to support disaster relief efforts around the world.
Contact April Feagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3131 for more information.