A student who receives orders to report for active military duty should contact the Dean of Students Office. The student should be prepared to present a copy of military orders. (If timing does not permit an initial presentation of military orders, the student may begin the leave process by submitting, in writing, a personally signed request indicating times and dates of intended call-up.) However, when available, a copy of the military orders must be provided (via FAX or mail) in order for the leave process to be completed and any financial reimbursements made.

Upon receipt of the above, the Dean of Students Office will initiate a "Military Leave of Absence." The Dean of Students Office will also contact the Registrar's Office, Accounting Office, Office of Financial Planning, and the Office of Residential Life to expedite the exit process.