Organizations must complete the Registered Student Organization (RSO) process annually and meet the following criteria:
- Must have at least 10 members (including officers) all of whom attend Juniata College.
- May not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, ability, marital status, or veteran status.
- Must designate a student as President and Treasurer; both are required to attend their respective President and Treasurer workshops at the start of the academic year.
- Must have a Juniata College employee serve as an advisor.
To start new organizations please complete the Registered Student Organization (RSO) & Allocation Request Form and return the form to the Director of Student Activities. The Director will review the Request and pass it along to Student Government.
Student Government will review the Request and bring it before Student Senate who will vote on whether the group may become an RSO. If approved, the RSO receives the following benefits:
- May apply for funding through Student Government.
- May use College facilities and vehicles for club activities.
- May conduct approved fundraisers.
- May advertise on campus.
- May have an e-mail account and web site on www .Juniata.edu
- Will receive information on programs and activities which benefit the organization
- May have a table at Lobsterfest and the Spring recruitment fair.
Organizations may apply for RSO status and funding before or after the Spring allocation process for all RSOs by submitting the RSO & Allocation Request Form to the Director of Student Activities. If an RSO fails to register each year, the RSO will become inactive and their funding will be transferred back to Student Government. Please note that Registered Student Organizations represent the interests and the views of their members and do not necessarily represent the views of Juniata College or its employees.