Click here for the Biology Department Handbook, a guide through the Biology POE at Juniata. The Handbook is also available on the BI289 Moodle page.
Biology POE Template
For the classes of 2017/2018, click here to access the sophomore POE form with required Biology courses listed.
For the class of 2019, click here to access the sophomore POE form. You will need to fill in the course numbers and names for your selected math course (calculus or biostats), physics courses, and upper level biology courses. Note that BI189 is listed as the required W course in the POE.
For the class of 2020, click here to access the sophomore POE form.
Biology Course and Lab Assistant Positions
Each semester, the Biology department hires student assistants to help with laboratory and large lecture courses.
To apply for one of these positions, send an email to the contact person listed below containing:
1) a statement of your interest in being a student assistant, including the course
name and section 2) your grades for BI105 and BI106
3) a statement of why you would be a good student assistant
Submitting Posters for Printing
Posters can be printed at the Juniata Print Shop for meetings at a cost of $1.00/square foot if charged to a Juniata account (cash orders are $1.50/sq ft). The maximum size is 40 in x 50 in.
- Design your poster in Microsoft PowerPoint. You MUST provide a PDF document to assure printability.
- Enter the size of your poster under page setup. We recommend 40 x 50 inches for the largest size (Cost = $2/sq. ft.). The printer’s paper roll is 42 inches wide with a print area of 40 inches. Because the paper is on a roll, the length measurement is a variable. We cannot guarantee a file larger than 50 inches will print correctly. If you would like your poster mounted to foam-core board, please keep in mind that we stock board in 32 x 40 sheet size.
- After designing and creating a PDF, double-check your size (file_properties) and to make sure it is the desired size. The print shop will not resize your poster and this could cause delay in printing.
- Print a reduced copy of the poster to your personal printer to make sure everything is printing correctly. We have found from past experience that if you’re unable to print your file, we can’t print it either.
- Fill out an online work order and email your poster file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Choose poster printing under job type. Be sure to include the account number for billing.
- If you are planning to have your poster laminated, the maximum size for laminating is 34 x 46 inches. Click here for lamination prices.
Guidelines for BI106/BI207 Pre-Requisite Exemptions:
BI106: Pre-requisite courses are CH142 and BI105.
Students with a WP, WF, or F in one of these in the fall are not eligible to sign up for BI106 the following fall.
If a student withdrew passing (WP) from CH142 and received a C or better in BI105, the student can request to be signed in to BI106 to be taken concurrently with CH142. BI207 must be delayed until after they pass BI106 and CH242.
BI207: Pre-requisite courses are BI106, CH144, and CH242. (Students register for BI207 while in CH144).
Students that withdrawal from or fail CH144 in the spring semester are pulled from
the BI207 roster.
Students that withdrawal from or fail BI106 or CH242 in the fall semester are pulled from the BI207 roster.
If a student had a WP in CH242 and receives a C or better in both BI106 and CH144, the Chair of the Biology Department will consider signing an exemption for for BI207 during spring semester drop-add.