History designated POE
- 8 courses at the 100 and 200 level
- At least 6 courses at the 300 or 400 level (not including senior thesis seminar)
- Senior thesis seminar (HS 493) of four credits
- At least four courses must deal with the history of countries outside the U.S. and Europe.
- Detailed History POE Information
History and Museum Studies POE
- 20 credits of History courses
- 13 credits of Museum Studies courses
- 18 credits of concentrations
- Detailed History and Museum Studies POE Information
Social Studies/Secondary Education
Secondary Emphasis in History (Minor)
- At least 6 courses in the history department, 2 of which must be at the 300 or 400 level
- One course must deal with the history of countries outside the U.S. and Europe.
- Detailed Secondary Emphasis in History POE Information
Students may design their own POEs by bringing together the secondary emphasis in History with courses from other programs. Recent examples include: History and English; International Politics and History; French and History.
- Fulfill at least the requirements for the secondary emphasis above.
- A senior experience is required, but it may be outside the History department.
- Work closely with your advisors to structure a cohesive program.
Distinction in the POE
Students may obtain distinction in the history POE by fulfilling the following requirements:
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.4;
- An approved, up-to-date POE in history or a history-related individualized POE;
- A senior thesis which, in the opinion of the thesis advisor and members of the department, represents high-quality work;
- A public presentation of the thesis at NCUR, the Juniata Liberal Arts Symposium, or another public venue.
- No application is necessary for distinction.