- History & Museum Studies
- Social Studies Secondary Education
- Art History
- Art History & Museum Studies
- History Secondary Emphasis
- Art History Secondary Emphasis
- Museum Studies Secondary Emphasis
- Medical Humanities Secondary Emphasis
Students may design their own POEs by bringing together the secondary emphasis in History with courses from other programs. Recent examples include: History and English; International Politics and History; French and History.
- Fulfill at least the requirements for the secondary emphasis above.
- A senior experience is required, but it may be outside the History department.
- Work closely with your advisors to structure a cohesive program.
Distinction in the POE
Students may obtain distinction in the history POE by fulfilling the following requirements:
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.4;
- An approved, up-to-date POE in history or a history-related individualized POE;
- A senior thesis which, in the opinion of the thesis advisor and members of the department, represents high-quality work;
- A public presentation of the thesis at NCUR, the Juniata Liberal Arts Symposium, or another public venue.
- No application is necessary for distinction.