Thank you for choosing to apply to Juniata College! Before you begin your application, we encourage you to review the Application Information and Instructions listed below. They may answer a few questions you have about the process before you actually begin.
The Common Application is accepted by Juniata and can be accessed at the link below. There is no application fee.
- When submitting your application, be sure to select Juniata College as one of the schools.
- You will be notified by the Admission Office once your admission application is completed and under review.
- All applicants must submit official secondary school /high school academic records, at least one letter of recommendation, and the application essay in the application. Applicants are encouraged to submit SAT or ACT scores unless they are applying as a test optional candidate.
- Juniata is a Test Optional school, meaning you do not have to submit SAT or ACT scores if they do not reflect your strength as a student.
- Proof of English Proficiency - Required if English is not your native Language. Juniata accepts TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo and Pearson Academic PTE. A preferred minimum TOEFL score of 80 iBT or equivalent result is required. Proof of English Language Instruction will be considered for students not meeting preferred minimum test. Students with lower scores may be eligible for conditional admission.
- Proof of Financial Support
- International Student Financial Aid Application
Freshman Application Timeline
The Early Decision application deadline is November 15th - admission decisions are released by December 15th. If you are ready to commit to Juniata, Early Decision is a binding agreement meaning that if admitted, you will attend and withdraw all applications to other schools. Applying Early Decision or Early Action is ideal for optimum scholarship consideration.
The Early Action application deadline is December 1st - admission decisions are released by February 15th. This is for students who are ready to apply before the regular decision deadline and would like to hear back earlier. Applying Early Action or Early Decision is ideal for optimum scholarship consideration. This is non-binding and perfect for those ahead of the game!
The Early Action II application deadline is January 15th - admission decisions are released by February 15th. This is for students who are ready to apply before the regular decision deadline and would like to hear back earlier. This is non-binding and perfect for those ahead of the game, but who missed Early Action!
The Regular Decision application deadline is April 3rd - Decisions will be released after most Early Decision and Early Action decisions are processed. No preference is given to Early Action vs Regular Decision in determining decisions and most merit-scholarships.
Applications for admission must be submitted online. All additional documents should be sent to:Enrollment Center
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
USA Email: email@example.com
Note: Only applications for degree-seeking students should be sent to the above office. Students interested in exchange, Intensive English, or other short-term programs should send their documents to The Center for International Education.
- Admission notification is usually sent four to six weeks after all required credentials are received.
- Students offered admission will be required to submit a $400 matriculation fee to reserve a space in the entering class.
- After you are accepted and submit your deposit to Juniata, you will probably need to apply for a student visa to enter the United States. I-20s will be sent approximately 60-90 days before the beginning of each semester.
Interviews are not required for admission, but are highly encouraged. If you would like to schedule a free interview online, click here or contact Associate Director of International Recruitment, Ran Tu, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of limited resources and a large number of applicants, international applicants from greater China, including Hong Kong and Taiwan, and South Korea can also participate in an interview conducted by InitialView as part of their application. InitialView will conduct and record an interview with you and provide it directly to us for our review.
InitialView does not rate or grade the interview. Evaluation of the interview is done by the Juniata College admission office. You may learn more about InitialView at www.initialview.com.
Please arrange to have your interview completed as early as possible in the application cycle.
Contact a Current International Student
This is a program that focuses on connecting current international students, who have been through the admission process, with prospective international students seeking to gain a better understanding of the Juniata College campus, student body, academics, and social life. If you would like to contact a current international student, email email@example.com.
Additional Information and Visiting Juniata
For questions about international applications or to schedule a visit contact: Coordinator of International Admission, TEL: +1 (814) 641-3427, FAX: +1 (814) 641-3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is offered by EducationUSA, which represent more than 450 advising centers across the world supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State. There is information for undergraduate study, scholarships, and planning for study in the USA.
Estimated International Degree-Seeking Student Budget for 2020 - 2021
All full-time, degree-seeking international students at Juniata will receive a $2,000 per year International Friendship Award. Most international students are eligible for partial merit-based scholarships (scholarships for students with a record of high academic achievement). Currently, these scholarships range in amount from $2,000 to $25,000 per year. Complete financial aid and scholarship information including links to other sources of financial aid can be found at the section Financial Aid and Scholarships.
(actual fees may vary slightly; does not include transportation costs)
- Tuition $48,350
- Room $6,950
- Meals $6,106
- Miscellaneous Fees $825 (Activity Fee- $210, Health Center Fee- $225, Technology Fee- $390)
- Books and Supplies, Personal Exp $3,000
Personal expenses include the costs of accommodation and travel during the times when the campus residence halls are closed. Please refer to the section on travel for international students.
- Accident and Sickness Insurance* $1,670 (undergraduate)
- TOTAL $66,901
*All Juniata students are required to enroll in Juniata College's Insurance Plan.
Matriculation: When a student has been accepted for admission as a degree-seeking student, a $400 matriculation fee is to be paid by May 1. This nonrefundable fee reserves a space in the entering class. Once the student enrolls, $250 establishes the security deposit and $150 is credited toward the cost of orientation and credentialing services.
If you are transferring credits from an university outside of the United States, please use a third party credit evaluator that is a member of NACES such as WES or Spantran to complete a course by course evaluation. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Accident and Sickness Insurance 2020-2021
All Juniata (F-1 and J-1 Visa) students are required to enroll in Juniata College's insurance plan.
|Fall Semester only
|Spring and Summer