Student Outcomes in Psychology
In a recent survey of psychology graduates, we found that 69% of the respondents went to graduate school within 4 years of graduation. The schools attended varied considerably along with the degree goals of the graduates. Most graduates attending graduate school were pursuing a master's degree, with some pursuing a Ph.D. Of the students that chose not to attend graduate school, most had jobs in which they were satisfied.
Graduate schools attended by Juniata Psychology graduates:
- Boston College
- Bucknell University
- California Graduate Institute, UAB (Barcelona)
- Case Western Reserve University
- College of William and Mary
- Dickenson School of Law
- Edinboro University of PA
- Fordham University
- Frostburg State University
- George Washington University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Loyola College
- Marywood University
- Mississippi State University
- Morehead State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Shippensburg University
- Temple University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Florida
- University of Georgia
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Rhode Island
- University of Scranton
- University of South Carolina
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Villanova University
- Western Kentucky University
Degrees which have been pursued in graduate school:
- Clinical Art Therapy
- Clinical Health Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Psychology
- Community Counseling
- Counseling Psychology
- Developmental & Educational Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Elementary Education
- Elementary School Counseling
- Experimental Psychology
- Forensic Clinical Psychology/Clinical Psychology-Forensic Emphasis
- HR Administration
- Human Service Management
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Marriage & Family Counseling
- Masters of Divinity
- Masters of Social Work
- School Psychology
- Special Education
Cynthia Boo ’17 is pursuing a master's degree—with a research assistantship–at the New School for Social Research in New York City.
Stacie Beegle '13 is attending graduate school at Northwestern University, where she is pursuing her Doctor of Audiology degree.
Tori Buser ’15 is currently enrolled in a doctoral program in school psychology at Penn State University.
Ariel Cooper ’14 is currently enrolled at Marywood University, where she is pursuing her master’s degree in art therapy.
Dan Hyland ‘16 is employed working directly with clients at Merakey’s Innovative Care and Education Solutions program in Huntingdon, Pa.
Elana Levine ‘15 is enrolled in the master’s degree in psychometrics program at Morgan State University.
Shannon Manley ’15 is enrolled in a doctoral program in clinical psychology at University of Toledo.
Sydney Masters '13 is enrolled in a graduate program studying sport psychology at Ithaca College in Ithaca, N.Y.
Sungouk Park ’13 is attending Rochester University in pursuit of a master’s degree in mental health counseling.
Clay Reichart ’17 is enrolled in graduate school at East Carolina University where he is studying general and theoretical psychology. He was awarded a graduate assistantship to pursue this opportunity.
Chastity Senek-Frymoyer ’15 is pursuing her master’s degree in counseling at Southwestern College in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Sarah Trescher ’13 is employed as a research assistant at the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges.